Indian Coast Guard
(Ministry of Defence)Â
Applications are invited from unmarried male Indian nationals possessing educational qualifications and age, as prescribed below, for recruitment to the post of Navik (General Duty) in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union.
10+2 with 60% marks aggregate in total and minimum 60% in each subject of Maths and Physics from an education board recognised by Central/State Government. (Maximum 5% relaxation in the above percentage for SC/ ST candidates, sports person of National level and wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service.)
Born between 01 Feb 92 to 31 Jan 96. (Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates).
Rs 5200 â€“20200 alongwith Rs 2000 Grade Pay In addition, Dearness Allowance, Kit Maintenance Allowance and other liberal allowances will be admissible.
How to apply:
(a) Applications will be accepted ‘Online only’ from 24 Jun to 07 Jul 13. Candidates are to logon to www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button.
Instructions to Filling Online Application form:-
- The name of the candidate, father/mother’s name and date of birth should be as given in the 10th class certificate.
- Indicate exact percentage of 12th class upto two decimals and this is not to be rounded off.
- Filling up of information like personal email ID and Mobile number of the candidate are compulsory. The date, time and venue of the test and other information will be informed through personal email ID and Coast Guard Recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in/reprint.aspx
- Â The application provides choice of two centres for examination. The candidates are to choose first and second choice from the same zone only. First and second choice from different zones will be rejected. The candidates from Mizoram, Assam, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Tripura will only be accepted for examination centres at Shillong and Aizwal. Candidates from North West zone and A&N zone will have only one choice of centre.
- The Coast Guard reserves the right to cancel any centre or change the centre of the candidates for administrative reasons.
The ‘Online’ Applications will be sorted out centre wise. The conduct of test is planned during Aug/Sep 13. Date, time and venue of the recruitment will be intimated through personal email ID in the month of Jul/ Aug 13 Selection procedure is as follows:-
(i) Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination centre. SC and ST candidates will be given due weightage while short listing.
(ii) The qualifying cut off percentage of a particular centre may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage are received.
(v) The Physical Fitness Test will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. The PFT will consist as under:-
* 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
* 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak)
* 10 Push ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
(vi) Candidates who qualify the Physical fitness test will only be required to undergo initial recruitment medical examination at the respective recruitment centres.
(vii) Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for medical examination in a ratio as may be decided by Coast Guard.
(viii) The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests depending upon the available vacancies. The Zone wise select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the month of Jan 14. It is clarified that select list will be zone wise and not centre wise.
(iii) The written tests will be objective type.
(iv) Those who qualify written tests will undergo Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examination (Preliminary). The testing procedure will take 2-3 days. Candidates belonging to the physically handicapped category are not eligible to apply for this examination.
Last Date Of Online Application :- 07-07-2013